Be sure to follow these aftercare tips to ensure your skin heals beautifully and smoothly after each treatment.* If you experience any unusual side effects or irregular burning, call our office immediately so one of our expert laser technicians can assist you.
1. Because treated follicles have been heated, the area may feel a bit irritated a few minutes to a day following a treatment. Apply aloe vera or Aquaphor and/or a cool compress or ice pack to relieve any sensitivity, redness, or swelling.
2. If the treated area feels itchy, apply a soothing ointment such as hydrocortisone cream or Aquaphor.
3. Avoid hot water for 24-48 hours after your treatment. This includes hot showers, baths, steam rooms, and saunas. Tanning activities such as excess sun exposure or tanning beds should also be avoided.
4. You will notice hair shedding a few days to a few weeks following your treatment. Gently exfoliate the area with a loofah or wash cloth to help to lift the dead hair out of the follicles. Do not pull out hairs that are still connected.
5. You may shave or trim in between treatments to maintain a smooth complexion, but absolutely refrain from waxing or plucking any new layers of hair as they start to grow in. The follicles need to be intact for your next treatment to be effective.
6. Wear protective clothing and apply sunblock of SPF 30 or higher daily. A sunblock of SPF 50 or higher should be applied when skin is exposed to the sun for long periods of time. Unprotected sun exposure can lead to possible skin discoloration.
* Individual Results May Vary