What is the Clarity Laser?
Lutronic created the Clarity laser to deliver dual-wavelength energy. This laser uses long-pulsed Alexandrite wavelengths of 755nm as well as Nd: YAG laser energy of 1064nm. This combination may be especially beneficial to those with darker skin. Each wavelength can be tailored to different skin types and hair colors in order to maximize efficacy while minimizing the risk of skin damage and discoloration.
How Does the Clarity Laser Work?
Laser hair removal and reduction rely on photothermolysis, a scientific principle that involves the conversion of specific wavelengths of laser light into heat energy. The Clarity laser delivers Alexandrite and Nd: YAG wavelengths into hair follicles, where they are absorbed by the melanin in hair strands. Light is converted into heat here. Thermal energy quickly accumulates in hair follicles, causing controlled damage to the follicle walls, dermal papillae, and stem cells involved in hair growth in the targeted area. The cumulative damage to treated hair follicles causes them to become inactive for many years, if not indefinitely.
What Are the Benefits of Clarity Laser over Other Laser Hair Removal Options?
The Clarity laser hair removal system has two distinct wavelengths, allowing it to treat a wide range of skin colors and tones. One wavelength is ideal for fair skin, while the other is ideal for dark skin. Experts agree that this laser is an excellent choice, even for people with darker skin, because the longer wavelength of laser light passes through the skin to target melanin in the hair shaft without affecting the epidermis.
How Long Is the Clarity Laser Procedure?
A typical laser hair removal session lasts about an hour. The length of the session may vary depending on the size of the treatment area and the number of areas treated in one appointment.
How should I Care for My Skin After the Clarity Laser?
Laser hair removal can temporarily increase skin photosensitivity. Some people may also feel mild irritation or dryness. Following Clarity laser hair removal sessions, skin care may include:
- Avoiding sun exposure for one week after treatment.
- To avoid skin irritation or damage, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- To treat sunburned or irritated skin, take Tylenol as directed.
- Cool compresses or aloe vera gel can help relieve pain.
- For at least 2 weeks after laser hair removal, avoid any other laser treatments or chemical peels on the treated area.
- Lotion and other moisturizers can be applied 24 hours after a laser hair removal treatment.
- After gently cleansing the skin, pat it dry rather than rubbing it.
- Contact our office if you notice any changes in your pigmentation, blisters, or prolonged swelling or redness.
Is the Clarity Laser safe?
Laser hair removal is a well-studied and safe method of permanently removing unwanted hair. Two of our primary goals in providing laser hair removal services are safety and satisfaction. As a result, the devices we add to our selection are thoroughly vetted for results with as few side effects as possible. The most common side effects of laser hair removal are mild redness and a sunburned sensation that lasts 24 to 48 hours. More severe complications, such as blistering, are uncommon.
*Individual Results May Vary